I think it so funny that Friday-the commence of the weekend is like this positive force; whereas the weekdays have become such a negative force. No wonder why the weekend looks so attracting. That was a stab at science humor but I don't think that it turned out the way I wanted it to. In any case I am so excited for tomorrow, hanging out with old friends and hopefully making some new ones-oh! and being scared out of my mind...
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I took a practice MCAT the other day, one of the several I've taken in the past few weeks and I'm still sitting in the same range that I've been in(not where I need to be mind you). Even though I know I'm not where I need to be for this test I am comforted by the Lord's word. Already the first part of this scripture brings peace to my mind~God knows the plans he has for me so that means even if I don't, he has something under wraps. Not only does he have plans for me, his plans involve me doing well, his words say that I should have expectations and desires ("give you hope"). I may not know how I'm going to get there: MCAT, post bac, killing a man... But I know that there is purpose in my life, enough for him to keep me in mind.
Anyways- We are moving out in like 10 days! It's crazy. I think the girls ma...
I used to believe that taking anti-depressants for the rest of my life was the part that hurt the most in regards to my affliction. Now that I've gone without them for an extended period I've come to understand what hurts the most is having the capacity to understand what happened to me, the primitivism of it all. Most days I feared for my life from physical threats: Gangs on bus rides, my father's hands, and the aftermath of an anticipated murder of my Mother-the consequences which would ultimately be endured by two blameless children. Call those average Tuesday thoughts. Yet as I fly 30,000 feet over stark white precipices of the Rocky mountains on a return flight from a meeting where I hold a national position, I select through online proofs of a man adorned in doctorate gowns- a symbol of the upper echelons of society. I'm reminded of the profound mountains moved by a mighty God, my friends, and myself to be that man. The irony now is how I continue to fear my lif...
Comments
Post a Comment